Travel Weekly reports that:
- Americans with annual household incomes of $100,000 or more are not only twice as likely as others to make entertainment and leisure purchases, and more than three times more likely to spend more.
- Effectively, 50% to 60% of all expenditures in the travel world come from these people.
- 65% of affluent Americans, who account for just 21% of the population, have a passport, compared with about 37% of all Americans.
- Seventy-six percent of those surveyed planned to take a vacation this year.
- In the last year, 83% of survey respondents took a trip of any sort, spending an average of $2,849 per journey, and 55% stayed at hotels with ratings of four or more stars.