26 replies
  1. George Meshkov
    George Meshkov says:

As it turns out I stayed at the Goreme Cave Suite Hotel in Capadocia Turkey, It was the coolest hotel room I ever stayed in, a thousand years earlier the room was a storage room for food and grains, now it is a fabulous hotel with Jaccuzzi tubs, candles lining the floor when you walk in the room, an interesting Breakfast spread, and great local wines right in the minibar!

2. George Meshkov
    George Meshkov says:

3. wilson
    wilson says:

Trent, I watched the ABC’s game series, “I Survived a Japanese Game Show” and it’s the first time I knew there’s a kind of “Capsule hotel” available on at Japan! Honestly, it looks like more than a coffin than a bedroom…!

4. wilson
    wilson says:

5. Jenny Dunn
    Jenny Dunn says:

Do these places come plumbed in with shower, loo and wash basin? How do they get the power in you can see a table lamp though the door so they must have power…

Mind you if you are a gent no big problem if you get caught short in the night :-) Just aim out of the door…….

6. Jenny Dunn
    Jenny Dunn says:

7. nicky
    nicky says:

Thanks Blizzard,
    I was looking for an adventurous trip and hard to select one, I think rustic forest hut would be the right option for me and it would really an exciting destination.

8. nicky
    nicky says:

Thanks Blizzard,

9. Suzzie Walker
    Suzzie Walker says:

That is just bizzare, it would be like sleeping in a drain pipe!!! That is the picture of Das Park Hotel, Ottensheim. I pass these kinds of pipes every day at the moment on my way to work, from now on I will be able to smile every time I am stuck in the traffic because of the pipe replacement going on.

10. Suzzie Walker
    Suzzie Walker says:

11. BB Blackpool
    BB Blackpool says:

Interesting concept I wonder if we will start to see more of these in Europe after the success of the Japanese version of sleeping cubicles in urban hotels?

Ok not quite but definitely a variation on the theme? Some of the aparthotels I have seen them putting up in London these last few years have been constructed from the old steel shipping containers. You know the ones that go on the back of huge articulated trucks.

Easy enough and a novel idea when its simply bolt together and decorate.

12. BB Blackpool
    BB Blackpool says:

Easy enough and a novel idea when its simply bolt together and decorate.

13. Michael
    Michael says:

That barrell sure does not look like a comfortable place to stay. I can’t even see if theres a mattress in it. What would you do in the winter.

14. Michael
    Michael says:

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!