Google Analytics for Internet Marketing
Google Analytics is tracking software that shows you how people found your website, how they explored it, and how you can enhance their visitor experience. With this information, you can improve your website return on investment, increase conversions, and make more money on the web.
Why is Google Analytics important?
As mentioned above, Google Analytics is a robust statistical tracking software that offers a wealth of information. It’s important because it provides necessary data and information in order to make informed decisions about what is working and what isn’t. While there are many features that stand out, some of the more important ones include:
- Interface: Both simple and intuitive. A few clicks of the mouse gives you all the information you could ever want. The user interface brings it all together.
- Referral Information: Google Analytics goes further than other Analytics options by letting you by providing data on the quality of referral traffic.
- AdWords Integration: Google Analytics easily allows you to track all of your AdWords functionality; campaigns, groups and even keywords. This helps you determine your AdWords costs, conversions rates and clicks.
- Link Tracking: Google Analytics tracks each of the links contained within your website. You can easily determine how effective each of your links are refine your website with this data.
- Search Engine Traffic: Google Analytics provides you with information on what search engines are sending you traffic and information on what percentage of this traffic was converted into a sale. This is valuable for completing search engine optimization
- Comparisons: Google Analytics allows you to easily compare the traffic and conversion rates for two different time periods, locations, goals and more.
- Filter Functionality: The “Filter” functionality makes it a breeze to just get the info that you need instead of dealing with excel sheets and databases.
- It provides a wealth of information and statistics needed to grasp how well your website is performing and how effective your online marketing strategy is working. Best of all, it’s free!
What can Blizzard and Google Analytics do for me?
- ROI and Revenue Tracking: Tracking the sources of your bookings allows you to intelligently adjust your advertising dollars and operate your website more profitably. Blizzard will work with you to try to install tracking scripts on your booking engine, but ultimately it will be up to your Booking Engine whether we can or not.
- Conversion Funnel Setup: Monitoring your conversion funnel allows you to determine which parts of your website are causing potential guests to drop out of the process. This creates opportunities to improve the parts of your website that are underperforming.
- Automated Reporting: Automated reporting will automatically email you specific reports for specific time frames. Having the most important reports provided to you regularly improves your oversight and saves you time
- Training: Blizzard will provide a one (1) hour training session to make sure you know how to effectively utilize your newly powerful Google Analytics account.
- Consultation: Before the process – determine goals, ensure the right actions are being measured and the right reports are being generated and delivered. During the process – ensure all the codes are being properly installed by your web team. After the process – Blizzard will review your analytics with you and help interpret the data. Our findings should help increase traffic and most importantly, increase conversion rates.
Through combinations of organic optimization, link building and ad work marketing my company has seen a dramatic increase in rankings, traffic and ultimately customer contacts, online bookings and revenue. This is not an inexpensive endeavor and nothing happens overnight, but the results have exceeded my expectations.
Visits to our website are up almost 20%, average pages viewed on our site once we have a visitor are up 17.6%, and when they are viewing a page they’re spending more time reading it, as the duration of the average visit is up more than that at 23.3%. Most impressive is that we’re now able to track when a person actually books directly on the website. In the past 2 1/2 months we’ve had 45 on-line bookings for a total of $105k.