According to Research from Epsilon’s Email Branding Study: Flying High: Measuring the Value of Email Marketing for the Travel Industry, the receipt of permission-based email makes travel consumers more likely to do business with a travel company.
- 63% of recipients of permission-based email from travel companies more likely to buy from companies that send them email
- 50 % who receive permission-based email from travel companies said they feel more loyal towards the sending companies and their brands
- 86% of respondents who opt to receive email from travel companies do so to learn about sales, discounts and special offers
- 51% subscribe to learn about existing packages and destinations
- 48% subscribe to receive coupons
- 46% subscribe to hear about new packages, routes and destinations
- 69% want to receive personalized content based on their website activity and past purchases
- 48% who receive email from a travel company said the email has a direct impact on offline purchases.