If there was a unifying theme to this year’s Webmaster World PubCon, it was create compelling content. Despite the abundance of tips, tricks and hints flying around the conference, in nearly everyone’s opinion this is the most important facet of online marketing today.
Why is Good Content So Important?
- Plenty of well-optimized content brings more – and more targeted – visitors to your site by helping it to rank for a great number of relevant terms.
- Useful and entertaining content interests and engages. This keeps visitors on your site for a longer time, prompts them to view more pages and encourages them to return.
- Comprehensive content on almost any topic can help you to become a trusted authority on the subject to both your human visitors and the Search Engines.
- Varied types of content can provide multiple listings in the Universal SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) by allowing your site to rank for many different types of content, such as videos, podcasts, pdfs and more.
- Unique and compelling content attracts links to your site – sometimes in astounding numbers – which also brings rankings and traffic.
Relevant rankings, targeted traffic, engaged visitors and inbound links. These are all things you want for your site, aren’t they? Well, they can all be achieved through one process – creating good, unique and useful content on your topic. So, roll up your sleeves and get to work!