- Adding a floor plan of your vacation rental to show potential guests generates a measurable improvement in your number of bookings.
- TruPlace, formerly Mouse on House, commissioned an independent study of over 1,400 vacation rentals that demonstrates a 97% increase in revenue from bookings for properties using their interactive floor plan tours. The amount of time it took to book the property also was measurably shorter. Likewise, at Blizzard, we find that properties with interactive floor plan tours on their property pages generate more revenue.
- What the study could not measure was the cost savings in phone calls. The number of phone calls that it took to book the property was presumably smaller, because anyone with questions about the layout of the property was able to find out the answer to their question online. Let’s look at why this is the case. Your goal is to get reservations. Once someone finds your website, how can you turn a looker into a booker? The websites that anticipate the traveler’s questions, and answer them, get more reservations.
- Travelers’ questions:
- Where is it located, exactly?
- What’s the place like?
- How much is it?
When it comes to what is the place like, getting a bird’s eye view of the floor plan answers that question in a split second. In a glance, your potential guests can answer such questions as:
- How noisy does it look like it will be?
- Where can I watch TV in the middle of the night without waking up my family?
- Where will I be relative to the kids? The other people we are staying with?
- Does my room have a view?
- Where is the balcony/deck relative to my bedroom? Relative to the kitchen?
- What is the kitchen like?
- Are there stairs?
- How many bathrooms are there and where are they?
What’s the difference between an interactive floor plan tour and a 360 virtual tour?
An interactive floor plan is a floor plan that is clickable. It combines still photography with a floor plan of the entire property so that the visitor can have a high level view and navigate through the home. A 360 virtual tour combines videos or still images in order to provide a simulation of walking through a location.
Interactive floor plan tours can be made just from architectural floor plan renderings; the property does not need to be built yet. Also they are mobile friendly and load more quickly than 360 virtual tours.
360 virtual tours, on the other hand, can provide a full 360 degree view of the rooms, and if when done correctly, are more entertaining content to put on your website.
Unlike videos and 360 virtual tours, a floor plan gives the traveler a great deal of information in a single glance. That is not to say, however, that videos and 360 virtual tours do not do well. Everyone likes to be entertained. However, if you have videos or 360 virtual tours, make sure that they are actually entertaining; or your potential guest will quickly grow weary of watching them!
Having entertaining content on your website, such as videos and 360 virtual tours, can increase your website traffic and the amount of time that people spend on your site. These are good indicators for Google and can increase your website’s position in search results. Having floor plans and interactive floor plans on your website can help potential guests decide whether to book a specific property. For that reason, interactive floor plan tours can generate more revenue than 360-virtual tours, because the potential guest can click on the floor plan and quickly answer many of the questions that they have.
Do you have a property owner who wants more bookings? Ask them if they are willing to pay for an interactive floor plan tour.
https://www.blizzardinternet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/blizzard_internet_marketing_logo-300x138.png 0 0 Blizzard Marketing https://www.blizzardinternet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/blizzard_internet_marketing_logo-300x138.png Blizzard Marketing2014-06-27 15:08:142018-02-06 15:18:29Showcase Your Vacation Rental or Real Estate Listing with a Floor Plan
Contact Us Today
Blizzard Internet Marketing | Beyond Pricing
425 2nd Street, Suite 602
San Francisco, CA 94107